Architect Rick Bacon of Bacon Group, Inc., presented an evaluation of the present day Chatham County Animal Shelter and the need for an Adoption Center to the Chatham County Commissioners on Monday, September 15, 2014.
GOA, who has been tirelessly advocating for an Adoption Center for the last ten years, was there.
The existing shelter is too small for present needs, let alone future needs. While the building is in good condition and can be renovated, Rick Bacon said that the FIRST priority is to build a NEW ADOPTION CENTER on the 10 acre sight shared by the existing shelter which would be almost five times bigger.
This plan will mean:
- Healthier animals with less stress and fewer emotional issues
- Increased adoption rate
- Drop in euthanasia rates in adoptable pets
- Better relationships with the community
- More efficient use of services in Chatham County
- Less stress on Animal Services staff
- A great value for the dollars spent
Here is what YOU can do NOW:
- Contact the Chatham County Commissioners and County Manager Charlie Horne to respectfully ask that they FUND the Adoption Center in the 2015 Capital Improvement plan for Chatham County
- Rally with GOA and animal advocates on Sunday, October 26 at the Pittsboro Roadhouse at 5 pm - it's FREE
- Bring one friend with you to the Team GOA Celebration on Sunday October 26
- Like us on Facebook and invite ten others to like the GOA page
- Invite 10 friends to the GOA 10 year Anniversary Celebration on October 26
- Donate to Guardians of Angels (it is tax deductible)
Let's continue to work together to end animal suffering and euthanasia in North Carolina!
Help us end animal suffering and euthanasia in North Carolina